In Med/Surg 1, you learn the basics of stroke nursing and how rewarding and challenging it can be to care for these patients. And, because the human brain is an extraordinary thing, the manifestations of stroke and the nursing interventions are enough to make your head spin!
In this podcast we cover the basics of stroke, including:
- Causes and pathophysiology
- Difference between ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Stages of stroke
- Clinical manifestations of stroke
- Treatment of an evolving stroke
- Long-term treatment of a stroke patient