When it comes to learning electrolytes in nursing school, sodium is one you’ll probably talk about a lot and phosphorus is one you might not talk about much at all. But once you start working, especially if you’re in critical care, you’ll be talking sodium AND phos all the live-long day. Well maybe not ALL day, but probably MOST days 🙂
In this podcast we cover all the basics about these two very important electrolytes:
- Na and Phos key roles in the body
- Misc “fun facts” about Na and Phos…things you never knew you needed to know!
- Hyponatremia, hypernatremia, hypophosphatemia and hyperphosphatemia signs and symptoms
- Causes of Na and Phos imbalances
- Nursing interventions for Na and Phos imbalances
A message for our podcast listeners: Looking for a way to get organized in nursing school? Visit our website for the ONLY planner designed just for nursing students. Check it out at www.straightanursingstudent.com and click on “SHOP” in the header.
Not into planning, but into preparing? Then the Nursing School Thrive Guide is for you. Check it out at our website or at Amazon and see why it’s getting a 5-star average rating!