Understanding the important role that electrolytes play will separate you from the ho-hum nurse and catapult you into Awesome Nurse Status. If you’re a student, you might think that it’s simply a matter of knowing what the normal and abnormal values are…but that’s just a teeny tiny part of it!
In this podcast, we talk about potassium and calcium:
- important roles of potassium and calcium
- potassium and calcium “fun facts” (and yes…they ARE fun!)
- signs and symptoms of hypokalemia, hyperkalamia, hypocalcemia and hypercalcemia
- common causes of potassium and calcium imbalances
- assessment parameters, nursing interventions and how to treat
If you’re finding this podcast on iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher…be sure to check out all the great resources at www.straightanursingstudent.com