These diabetes notes will help you understand THE most common disease you will encounter as a nurse. You’ll find that even though your patient is in the hospital for something else, if they have diabetes, the complications are going to be multiplied…and the good nurse is ready for them!
These diabetes notes cover:
- overview of diabetes
- types of diabetes
- diagnosing diabetes and diagnostic screening criteria
- signs & symptoms of diabetes
- associated abnormal labs in patients with diabetes
- diabetes goals and management
- diabetes medications, including the “newer” oral and non-insulin injectable meds
- diabetic ketoacidosis & hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state (DKA & HHS)
- chronic diabetes complications
- hypoglycemia signs and treatment
- sick day protocol
Take a sneak-peek right here: SHOW ME!