Check out what I just got in the mail….badge cards from Nurse Born Products! Designed by an ER nurse, these cards have the info you refer to again and again throughout your shift. I love these things! I received them in exchange for an honest review and I have to say they totally rock!
The whole set consists of 27 cards, with info on the front AND back…yes, folks…we are talking MEGA amounts of information here! You can also get the Mini set of 6 cards or go for the mid-size which consists of 12 cards…either way you go, you can’t go wrong. These cards are amazing!
So, what’s in the 27 card set? Glad you asked!
- Cardiac cards: 12-lead placement (including right-sided ECG), ECG intervals, cardiac auscultation landmarks, localization of MI
- Neuro cards: GCS, pupil sizes, causes of ALOC, dermatomes and more!
- Chemistries: all the most-commonly referenced chemistries
- Vital Signs: reference ranges for adults and kiddos; temperature conversions
- OB/Peds cards: developmental milestones, oz to pounds to grams conversions, LMP and EDD chart
- Misc nursey stuff: drops per minute chart, common conversions, height/weight tables,
- Burn cards: referral criteria, burn shock resuscitation, burn measurements, rule of nine
I’d love to be able to carry all of them all the time, but that would be one super heavy badge reel! For my new job (details to come soon!) I’ll be sporting the cardiac cards, chemistries and neuro cards…they’re going to help soooo much!
Want to get your hands on a set? Toodle on over to Nurse Born Products and snag a set! They also have a bunch of other really handy items like a stethoscope holder I’ve got my eye on and even something called a S’nough Stick which appears to be some kind of balm you smear around the nares to help combat odors…definitely getting one of those!
Best of luck with school, everyone! And be safe out there!